17 January 2014

A bloggers award....




This is a bloggers award which you get nominated for by other bloggers and it's a nice way of sharing blogs you like with others. All you have to do is...

+ Link back to nominator
+ Write 11 facts about yourself
+ Nominate 10 bloggers (less than 200 followers) and let them know!
+ Create 10 questions for nominees


So, my nomination comes from my ever so slightly biased friend, Louisa, but she does loves my blog and hers is fab too :) http://www.myfamilyandabruzzo.com/

am nominating Bex Harding. Her baby boy has Talipes like my Molly and I've enjoyed reading her journey with Talipes and everything else in her life. Very honest and real. http://busybeemummybex.blogspot.co.uk/
 
11 FACTS ABOUT ME

1. I used to be an Army Cadet Force instructor
2. I was born in Margate, Kent
3. My (now very public) guilty pleasure is Made in Chelsea
4. My favourite film is Arthur Hiller's Love Story (1970) - it's the saddest story but the most beautiful film
5. My top 3 favourite places I've been to are New York, Rome and Abruzzo
6. I like painting (pictures, not walls)
7. I would love some red shoes but have never found the perfect pair. I'll keep looking.
8. I knew I was going to have a daughter (and I don't believe in all that superstitious nonsense)
9. My dream is to write a book
10. I love Yorkshire
11. Tracey Emin fascinates me and Caitlin Moran makes me laugh

Louisa's questions to me:

What would be your last supper?
Roast lamb with everything!
Who is your favourite author and why? (can't choose so, I'm cheating with 2)
Charlotte Bronte - because she wrote Jane Eyre, she gained critical acclaim against all the odds and her books have inspired me at every phase of my life
Joanne Harris - because Chocolat is so good that I feel I know Vianne and Anouk as friends. That's when a story becomes art. When you see yourself in it. 
What is your favourite painting? 
John Everett Millais' 'Ophelia'
You can spend the day in London, where do you go?
It would be summer! I'd go to the Tate Gallery, walk by the river and have lunch in the park. I have always wanted to visit the Charles Dickens Museum so I should probably do that on my imaginary trip and, as there's so much time in my imagination, I'd also look round St Paul's cathedral and have tea at The Ritz! 
If you could live anywhere in the world you wanted, where would that be?
Clearly throwing practicalities to the wind here but I would live in Paris, in an old townhouse, with window boxes full of flowers, opposite a bakery and coffee shop, with a balcony which you can see the Eiffel Tower from. Not much to ask....
Money and success, or dream job and happiness?
I am going to go for success, dream job and happiness. Can I do that? 
If you could cure/solve one thing in the world, what would that be?
Cancer
If you could be fluent in a second (or third) language, what language would you choose?
Italian
Hong Kong or Tokyo?
Hong Kong
Happiness is......
Being content with no worries

My questions:

- Where would your dream holiday be? 
- What music makes you happy?
- If you won £1m, what's the first thing you'd buy?
- And where would you live?
- If you were Prime Minister for a day, what would you change?
- What's your earliest memory?
- What's your favourite ever TV show?
- If you could turn a book into a film, which hasn't been done before, which book would you choose? 
- City or countryside?
- if you could go for coffee with anyone in the world...?

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I loved reading that. : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura,

    Like it. :-)

    Ps. good luck with the book which you are now obliged to write. You made it public!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it Looby Lou :) It was fun to write, and dream a little x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you too Carl. I'll get straight on the book thing ;)

    ReplyDelete